Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Saving YouTube Video’s to Your Computer

clip_image002

At times I like to use YouTube videos to enhance my lessons and give more visuals.  However, streaming at my school is not great all the time and ads pop up all the times. I recently discovered a way to easily download YouTube videos that I thought I would share with all of you.

Start by downloading Real Player. It is free and easy to download. Just go the website and click on the orange button. After download you will probably need to restart your computer. All you do is go to YouTube, select a video and there will be a button at the top of the video that will say…

image

Just click and it will download to real player even when you are watching the video online. I have been able to download other file types as well. It is so easy and I have I am able to show the video in class without streaming issues and ads.

YouTube and Real Player make a very happy art teacher.

Publication1

Here is a video just in case anybody needs extra visuals.


Here is one of the videos I downloaded to my Library. It is on my computer, no ads, no streaming issues, and no rude comments. Oh, joy!

realplayer_library

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending you a Versatile Blog Award! Congrats and thanks for all of the beautiful work you share! :-) Please visit my site to get details. http://thecreativesanctuary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails