Wednesday, November 17, 2010

1st Grade: Angel Collage

Last year I had 1st grade create watercolor resist angels just like this. However, I do so many watercolor resist projects I decided to change up the medium.

Materials:

  • 2 - 12x18 white paper
  • Black Crayon
  • Tempera paint
  • Pencil

1. I had the first graders draw with me step-by-step. I gave them a few options on drawing the facial features and I let them choose what their hair will look like.

angel01_thumb1

2. Paint with tempera paints. We talked about tints and mixing white with a color to create a tint. Make sure they do not paint over the crayon line too much. If they do you can retrace.

angel02_thumb1

3. With blue tempera, completely paint the second sheet of paper.

angel03_thumb1

4. Dip and lightly tap with the tip of the brush to create stars.

angel04_thumb1

5. Cut, cut, cut. Oops! I forgot wings. No problem. It’s an easy fix.

angel05_thumb1

6. Glue and DONE!

angel06_thumb1

Here are some finished angels that the students made. I changed my mind and decided to let the kids color their angels with crayon.

SAM_0520SAM_0521SAM_0522SAM_0523

blog-signature_thumb2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails